Get the most out of your Network Sentry solution with an upgrade to a new state-of-the-art virtual machine. Bradford Networks’ VM Transition Service expertly migrates your existing appliance configuration to the new VM, lifting the burden of the transition from your IT staff, and ensuring a smooth process with minimal service interruption.
Your organization is ready for an upgrade when your appliance is at end-of-life (EOL) or under-capacity. Bradford Networks’ VM Transition Service will benefit network and security administrators, network managers and IT staff by:
- Converting end-of-life hardware to the new virtual machine
- Improving Network Sentry capacity (memory and storage)
- Improving overall system performance
- Leveraging new technologies (services and security)
Bradford Networks’ expert Service Engineers perform the upgrade remotely or on site if required.
- Statement of Work (SOW)
- Dedicated, professional service time (in 4-hour increments as needed) to complete the following:
- Post-upgrade validation
Statement of Work
To plan the project, Bradford Networks’ Project Manager works with the customer to create an SOW that documents the stakeholders, requirements, process, deliverables and schedule for the upgrade session.
The Service Engineer works with the customer to collect information about the existing configuration, including current wired and wireless access and control scenarios. The customer (with the assistance of the Service Engineer) must perform the pre-upgrade tasks noted in the SOW.
- Backup current database and configuration files
- Install new VM(s)
- Restore and validate backup configurations and data
The Service Engineer and customer will validate the upgraded system’s operation, including previous security policies, profiles, scheduled tasks and general user experience.
- Upgrading Network Sentry without Production interruptions
- IT staff resources for performing upgrade
- IT staff staying current with latest Network Sentry features
- Improved system performance
- Minimal impact on production network
- Same functionality as before upgrade
- Performed remotely or on site as required
- New virtual appliance can be prepared prior to the upgrade session
- Leverage the full range of Network Sentry’s features and capabilities
- A Statement of Work that details the work to be performed
- Service time including upgrade preparation (customer), the upgrade and system validation